Friday 28 August 2015

Understanding devine appointments as disappointments to carnal reasoning.

By Leo Sekoere

Carnal reasoning is when one is being guided by his own human understanding rather than the truths of God. This type of reasoning is dangerous because when it is in full operation within a person, faith is quenched. When faith is quenched breakthroughs are impossible!

In the book of 2Kings 5:1-14 we learn of an incident where carnal reasoning almost sabotaged Naaman’s healing. Naaman was a commander of a great Aramean army, verse 1 tells us that he was a valuable asset to his master and country BUT Naaman had a huge problem. He had leprosy, which threatened his effectiveness in his “highly regarded” title.

Amidst all this misfortune, God had planned a divine appointment. He wanted to introduce Naaman to the healing power of Jehova Rapha. Bands from Aram had abducted an Israeli girl who served Naaman’s wife, this girl recommended that he go and see “a Prophet in Samaria” whom she believed would recover him of his ailment. I believe Naaman’s faith was stirred up at this news and finally he set out to go meet this “Prophet in Samaria”.

When Naaman got there he was divinely set up to end up at Elisha’s door step. Elisha was a powerful man of God operating in the realm of signs and wonders. What happens next is such an anticlimax, Elisha doesn’t even come out to meet Naaman. He sends a messanger to tell Naaman to just go and dip himself seven times in the river Jordan and Naaman is like “Hol’ up! Wait a minute! You mean I just came all the way to Israeli territory only to be told I have to go dip myself in that low-grade river?” I thought this highly recommended Prophet was going to call on the name of his God and heal me there and then…” (Lol! I just had to put in some colloquialism)

Verse 12 tells us that Naaman went off in a rage. He was disappointed! His carnal reasoning told him there was no way that that would be his breakthrough! His carnal reasoning ruled out every possibility of that water being the source of his breakthrough! In fact verse 13 shows us that if his servants hadn’t persuaded him, he was going to go back home and miss his divine appointment with the healing power of God.

Friends, verse14 tell us that he finally went to the Jordan and dipped himself seven times as instructed by the messengers of the prophet and guess what? IT WORKED Y’ALL!! His flesh became clean like that of a young boy! After his encounter with Jehova Rapha (the God that heals) Naaman developed certainty that “There is no God in all the world except in Israel” (verse 15).Aah man, Naaman! What a revelation! A lot of people are walking around confused as to who is God; they are asking themselves if there is even a God. Naaman was most probably going to spend his life in the same oblivion if he hadn’t ignored the persuasive words of carnal reasoning.

 I believe that God wants to introduce to you a side of Him that you’ve never met before. Are you in need of a serious breakthrough? Are you hoping for a miracle! My friend I believe God has planned a divine appointment for you but your carnal reasoning has to step out of the picture and let faith step in! Remember ISAIAH 55:8-9: God’s ways are higher than ours, so are His thoughts

Lets pray this simple prayer very quickly:

Heavenly Father I realize my mistakes. I’m sorry for all the times I allowed my human logic to tell me that “it can’t be done that way”. I don’t want to miss out on what you have in store for me, help me Holy Spirit to walk by faith not by sight.

AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment